With the dream of getting knowledge from foreign institutions, international students across the globe apply to the reputed universities with high ranks. No wonder among the preferred locations by the students, USA boasts of being at the forefront for being land to top ranked educational institutions across the globe.
With a superior education system, high living standards, home to diverse ethnicities, beautiful landscapes, studying in the USA is truly a wonderful opportunity. Studying in the USA gives you a chance to grow mentallly, socially and academically. With options of various bachelors, postgraduate and diploma programs, the USA attracts a large number of international students.
With education in fields like Medicine, Science and Technology, Business, Law, Arts and Humanities, Finance, the USA tops the list of best countries to study MBA programs. The reason is that the USA is the largest economic generating country in the world and is said to be the origin of the MBA programs. It houses the best high ranked business schools of the world. As per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 50% of the international students in the US, apply for the business and management course.
In the US, a full time MBA program takes about 2 years to complete. With it there is an internship included during the summer months which gives them real experience of what they have studied, hence grasping the opportunity to explore themselves. It’s a win-win situation for learning opportunities and post-degree careers.
Choosing a destination for your studies is a major decision. It affects everything from head-to-toe, from faculties to networking opportunity and the career. So it is important to select a good university for bringing out your potential. Though the American Universities are on the verge of providing quality education to their students, here are the top ten MBA colleges you can consider applying to the MBA program in the USA. These are the schools with the best programs to learn necessary skills required in the world of business.
- Harvard Business School: Harvard University tops among all the universities in the US. It is one of the most selective institutes while looking for study in the US, with a thin line of acceptance. The MBA course from Harvard University is both good in analytical and theoretical aspects.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business: Stanford Graduate School leads in top spot for MBA programs with acceptance rate of 6 to 7%. The school holds strength in its entrepreneurship.
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago: The second oldest business school and the first to offer executive MBA program, is known for its unmatched rigorous influence in the field of economics.
- Wharton School University of Pennsylvania: The business school of University of Philadelphia ranks as one of the most prestigious MBA programs. The acceptance rate of the school is 6%.
- Kellogg School of Management, North-Western University: It was ranked 4th in Best Business Schools with high median salary. Though it has a high acceptance rate, it is not that easy to get enrolled in it. It’s the first business school that interviews its applicants to assess their potential.
- MIT Sloan: A world class business school with innovative thinking. It aims to provide bundles of opportunities to their alumni in leadership and management.
- Columbia Business School: It is one of the oldest business schools and in the top 10 ranks for best business schools in the USA. In 2021, it was ranked as the 7th best business school.
- Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College: Tuck School is known for its strong general management program and leadership. The acceptance rate in Tuck is 22%.
- Haas School of Business, University of California: With 4.3% acceptance rate only, Haas School lies in the category of top business school in the US. Its performance is an indicator of its excellence.
- New York University, Stern School of Business: With an acceptance rate of 8%, Stern Business School is best known for its part-time MBA program. It is one of the most exclusive graduate business schools in the US.
USA offers a wide range of MBA programs which are comprehensive as well as flexible. Here are the types of MBA programs provided by the American institutions.
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Online MBA
- Executive MBA
- GLOBAL MBA
- Certificate Program
The duration for programs varies. But an average duration of 2 years is required for the MBA program. Some of the prospective students apply for specialized MBA programs. The universities or colleges have ideal programs for the specialities mentioned below. Here are some of the most sought specialization in MBA programs:
- General Management
- International Management
- Finance Leadership
- Operation Management
- IT or Technology Management
- Project Management
The US is home to the best business school, but all the educational institutions do not have the same eligibility criteria. MBA is a postgraduate program, so it is important for the student to have completed his 16 years of education, i.e 10+2+4. GMAT scores play an important role in securing you a seat in the top colleges. The GMAT score of more than 700 is widely accepted by the top universities and colleges. Some of the universities may consider GRE equivalent too.
While studying any program in the USA, it is mandatory for non-native English applicants to qualify the language tests i.e IELTS and TOEFL. Score of 6.5 or more in IELTS and 80 or more in TOEFL is asked by the educational institutions. Along with this student’s academic profile also matters during the admission. Some of the universities/colleges may also ask for work experience. The minimum work experience required is 3 years. Although it varies per university and the type of MBA program chosen.
With being the best country to study MBA programs, the US also ranks high in providing the highest salaries to MBA graduates from American universities. Though MBA in the US is quite expensive, yet the result of being a graduate from American University makes it worthy by bringing a number of opportunities for the students.